Go Green With Timesco
We accept that our daily activities may have both a positive and negative impact on the environment. We are committed to managing our operations, products and services in such a way to preserve, protect and enhance the environment. Our goal is to minimise this effect and to reduce our carbon footprint on the environment wherever possible.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Ensuring that every aspect of our activities is conducted in accordance with environmental policies.
- Minimising the consumption of natural resources and energy, whilst consuming material goods in moderation.
- Reducing the creation of waste by improving practices and recycling materials whenever practical.
- Continually seeking to improve environmental practices and performance and develop more environmentally friendly products.
- Informing and educating all Timesco staff about environmental issues in the context of the business through appropriate training and information sharing.
What changes have Timesco made?
Although having an aim to reduce our carbon footprint is great – putting practical solutions into place to ensure that we are actually achieving this is vital. Simply put – actions speak louder than words.
We have worked hard already to ensure that we reduce our carbon footprint at our head office in Basildon. Some of the changes we have made are very simple; such as reducing the amount of printed material that we produce, maximising our recycling opportunities & changing all of our lighting to LED bulbs – providing us with an energy efficient & long lasting lighting solution that also reduces the amount of waste produced. We run a cycle to work scheme which brings health benefits to our colleagues, helps save money on daily commuting costs and offers a pollution-free mode of transport.
The warehouse, purchasing and operations teams have created and implemented detailed and complex logistics schedules to ensure that we can utilise sea freight deliveries wherever possible rather than air freight and combined road freight deliveries as this provides the most carbon efficient way to transfer our goods.
We are continually searching for opportunities to reduce waste for our products and their packaging and we pride ourselves on being a reputable company that recognises our responsibilities towards the environment.
We have improved our Callisto single use handles; reducing the number of components required in the manufacturing process whilst not compromising on the integrity or quality of the handle. We have also significantly reduced the respective packaging on our Callisto single use laryngoscope blades and continue to review, improve and reduce unnecessary use of packaging wherever possible.