OPERATING THEATRES CONFERENCE 2020 – 4TH FEBRUARY 2020
ETIHAD STADIUM, MANCHESTER
Join us at The Operating Theatres Conference at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester on 4th February 2020 where surgical leaders explain how Trusts can improve theatre productivity and transform their delivery of surgery, whilst creating an employee culture of care to increase staff retention.
Experts in the field claim 291,327 more routine operations could take place in the NHS each year if theatre efficiency is improved. Staff shortages, early finishes, delays between operations and bed availability has meant theatres have missed out on 17% of potential operations. NHS Improvement’s recent report discovered a third of operating lists started at least 30 minutes later than scheduled, whilst 38% of operations finished 30 minutes earlier than anticipated. Central to this predicament is the national crisis facing the sector with inadequate staffing and high level of staff turnover in operating theatres.
The data produced in NHS Improvement’s report highlights the opportunity of exploiting unused capacity to ensure theatre performance is improved.
“While waiting times for surgery are lower than they have been historically, more can be done, so it is important that we work with clinical teams to identify further solutions and share best practice” – Professor Tim Briggs CBE, National Director of Clinical Improvement, NHS and Council
*The Operating Theatres Conference 2020 is CPD Accredited*
- Discover innovative new strategies for maximising the efficiency of operating theatres and learn from real life examples of successful best practice in action.
- Come and explore our exhibition, where leading manufacturers and suppliers of operating theatre technology will showcase exciting and innovative products. Enjoy the opportunity to examine and test new technology, learn how it can be used to improve standards and outcomes, and forge lasting business partnerships.
- Connect with over 200 high quality delegates who specialise in designing, using and managing operating theatres, problem solve shared challenges, and learn from the expertise of others.
- Attend a variety of topical seminars, engaging interactive activities, and keynote panel discussions with operating theatre specialists.
- Quiz regional and national experts from across the NHS on best practice and the latest solutions to common challenges.
- Evaluating how the bullying culture can be removed in Operating Theatres
- Improving moral and wellbeing of theatre staff
- Understanding the impact of diverse patient safety improvement activities
- Creating a safety culture through effective implementation of the 5 steps to safer surgery
- Learn how to professionally challenge authority in the operating theatre environment
- How to build resilience in Operating Theatres
- Consider the effectiveness of your Trusts major incident plan in the Operating Theatre
- How to prepare for a CQC inspection
Who should attend?
We will be available on the stand throughout the day at The Operating Theatres Conference 2020 and look forward to seeing you there. To make an appointment or for further information in the meantime please call us on 01268 297710.